Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Time to say goodbye

We found ourselves taking several trips back and forth to Ohio this fall and early winter.  What began with delight in early Oct with wedding bells for our nephew ended last Tuesday morning.  Grandpa went Home.  We struggled here with heading back from the first Christmas in our VA home to be with Grandpa in Ohio.  We elected to leave the 27th and return on Tuesday to celebrate New Years here.  Alas, it wasn't to be.  For that, I'm grateful.  The struggle with timing was a provision from Him.  As soon as we arrived on Saturday, grandpa seemed to worsen each day.  We were able to spend sweet time with him chatting and saying, "I love you." lots.  The little two enjoyed cousin and aunt time up at the family home.  I'm so glad they had that time together to laugh and chat and clean up my washing machine mess.  (I may fess up to that one later.  For now, just think lots of water and mess in a basement.)

I enjoyed my time at the hospital with grandpa and the nurses caring for him.  We were able to enjoy extended family members who came to chat and share love with us.  On Monday afternoon, I snapped this picture of John holding his Dad's hand.  It'll be the memory I keep with me.  Needless to say, it's been a rough fall.  But we look forward to a sweet reunion in Heaven and we know Grandpa and Grandma are back together, rejoicing in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment