Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Road Trip

We're walking a bit of a hard road since I posted last.  Grandpa is sick.  Bad sick, as Grandma used to say.  Trouble breathing sent him to the hospital.  Seems he just didn't have pneumonia anymore.  The last two weeks have been filled with waiting and wondering just what road we'd be walking as a family.  The extended family has been a huge blessing taking care of grandpa over the last couple of weeks and will continue to do so as needed.  John drove to Ohio last week to check in on his Dad and line a couple of doctor appointments up.  I went this week with the kids.  While we were there, we did some outside chores around the house, laundry, dishes, made some home cooked food with some of grandpa's favorite things.  Such a treat to care for him and bring him canned  green beans and homemade bread from fresh ground wheat.  I admit I was a bit prideful when he said the bread was just like his mother's.

 My sister in law took this shot 2 weeks ago in the back yard and I'm surprised at how much cancer has changed his body since.  The picture of the kids with my finger in the way is a cute one I snapped while they were hauling wood and stacking it for Grandpa's stove in the basement.  We had some wonderful talks about intentionally living for the Kingdom the other evening on the couch.  How in our living and in Stage 4 Lung Cancer, we are a testimony to the Love of Christ and have only to embrace the hard and watch for Him.  Wait for Him.  I don't want to forget our talk, hugging each other, holding hands at meals and Grandpa saying the blessing to Creator God.  So precious.  The kids were able to hug the necks of their Great Uncles and our special Uncle Mike.  He's awesome.  (As Jman says.)  Jman wants the world to know he's the newest Skyline Chili lover.  I'm certain there will be a few more trips back to Ohio in the weeks to come.  I wish I were able to write from the depths of my hurting heart right now.  I found much comfort at www.mundanefaithfulness.com today.  Walking Cancer and Big Love and the Hard.  What a privilege it will be to walk with Grandpa through cancer and back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment