Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Define the Need

I'm fresh in from my morning's 3 miles.  The sky is a clear, crystal blue with the hint of wispy thin clouds.  The sun slowing warming the cool morning air.   Fresh cut grass laid drying in morning dew. Geese honking and alight from nearby ponds and fields.  Oh, the morning was calling me.

As I press start on my iPhone's application to log my mileage, I am weary from pouring out.  Yesterday found me once again hanging out with the coolest teens in the world at our co-op.  We spend six hours studying together from the Trivium and center all we learn on God's Word.  It is a beautiful time together.  The strongest students supporting the weakest and discussion ensues.  After a full day, I am poured out and tired.  I've given my best.

This morning in Bible time I studied Deuteronomy 31, Hosea and Joel with the children.  Various passages with the minor prophets which tell us that the Lord will restore Israel and His People in spite of the sin foretold in Dt. 31.  (Side note:  What a tough thing for Moses to hear before the people were sent over the Jordan with Joshua.)  My mind turned to Romans 6 and the discussion there of being slaves to sin or slaves to righteousness.  Certainly, I choose righteousness and to battle sin.  Yet, it's a constant battle to not give in to temptation and to choose His ways.

All of the above were in my thoughts as I walked this morning.  It was hard getting started and moving my body.  The morning was gorgeous, yet I was depleted.  How could I feel so depleted in such beauty.  Then it hit me, I was defining my need.

Sin was fully defined in Dt 31: turning away from the Lord's way and commands, making idols, not reading the Law every 7 years, giving up and giving in to a people who were to be dispersed!

How we are to live in the New Testament was defined for me in Romans 6;  A slave to righteousness. Which means work, hard work, for the Lord.  Seeking Him, Speaking and Teaching Him while loving on students and stretching my ability to learn in certain subjects is tiring.  Slave work at it's most rewarding.

My need was defined for me during my walk and prayer time.  I am wear from they pouring out and in need of filling to pour out the remainder of the day.  I am reminded that I must not give into the temptation to sin and choose an alternate path from Romans 6.  By His Divine intervention on my walk, I am filled.  The weary is warranted, after all, i was pouring out all day the day before.  I'm going to need filled.  There is no sin in needing to be refilled.

By now my GPS on my phone says 3 miles and I look up to the horizon.  My drive way in view.  Restored and muscle built, I am ready to face the day ahead of more schooling, training and even cooking.
What needs to be defined and sorted out in your heart today?  How is the Lord and righteousness seeking filling you up?

No comments:

Post a Comment